In this episode, Tom shares some of the things he learned during the lockdown amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
What Have You Learned During the Lockdown
- Realising how little money we need to live on and how much money we are wasting on trivial things are just some of the things that people learned during the lockdown.
- Webinars are a powerful tool to stay connected and engaged with the people you work with. However, keep in mind that it’s a whole new different platform that uses a different modality when it comes to delivering presentations. You have to think of different ways to keep people’s attention and engage with them.
- Having great content is a key thing when presenting whether in-person or online.
- Good content is really important but it’s only a small part of your webinar. Webinars are more about engagement. Really think about how you can present the concepts and frameworks of what you are trying to talk about in a way that it gets people to engage in the discussion.
- As a presenter, remember that you’d be doing most of the work to make the webinar a success, so timing is also really important. You’d also want to have only a limited number of attendees to your webinar.
- Be conscious about how you are coming through in the camera. Be mindful of your body language and facial expressions to maintain the energy.
- Design your presentation and activities differently. Use a different set of slides or visuals for your webinar.
- The lockdown presented a lot of opportunities and ways we can look at things. As leaders, it’s important that we are able to reframe things.
- There’s a diversity of things that people learned from the lockdown. Take the time to reflect on these things by having conversations with others.
- What have you learned during the lockdown?
- Ask the same question to your team and your family. What did you learn from them and how can you apply it to yourself?