In this episode of the CQ for Global Leaders Podcast, Tom talks about how leaders can effectively manage and resolve conflict in virtual teams.
How to Manage Conflict in Virtual Teams
- Cultural Difference – the farther away you are from the other party, the greater the difference in culture is.
- Time zones – be conscious of the time and make sure it is feasible for both sides.
- It is well worth it to bring people together when working on high stakes projects. It lets you know how well everyone works together and it accelerates the project.
- Do regular check-ins.
- Provide cultural awareness – use organisational values as a framework when talking about cultural differences.
Today’s Take-away Action
- Think about your virtual team and assess how well they are doing?
- What methodology are you using to manage conflict in your virtual team?