In this episode of the CQ for Global Leaders Podcast, Tom discusses the importance of self-awareness in leadership.
- Self-awareness means being attuned to yourself physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
- We all have weaknesses or areas where we can improve. The key challenge is figuring out how we fix those gaps.
- Our strength is what makes us unique.
- Acknowledging feedback allows you to demonstrate vulnerability and openness. It helps you realign or recalibrate your behaviour as a leader.
- Self-awareness is critical for improvement.
- Being a leader is really all about influencing other people and a lot of it has to do with self-awareness.
- Having a high level of self-awareness is being able to spend some quiet time to recharge before drawing on another aspect of your personality.
- There are numerous tools that you can use to help you identify your strengths and areas of opportunities or development e.g feedback from others, having a coach, and having people who may be your trusted advisers.
- We all have blind spots or things that are happening to us that we are not aware of and we need other people to point those out.
- Self-awareness is all about how you show up as a leader.
- How would you rate your level of self-awareness?
- What can you do to increase or broaden your level of self-awareness?
- How do you become the best version of yourself?