In this episode of the CQ for Global Leaders Podcast, Tom talks about managing our inner voices and leading from the inside out.
Leading from the Inside Out
- Leading from the inside out is all about learning how to manage our inner voices, sometimes called intuition.
- Leadership requires courage. It requires you to step out of yourself and do things that you haven’t done before. Paying attention and being aware of what your inner voice is telling you is key.
Three Principles of Authentic Leadership (based on an article by Fiona Beddoes-Jones)
- Self-regulation and self-awareness help you identify your inner voice.
- Part of listening to your inner voice is making sure that you are being consistent with your values.
- A narrative is a story that we tell ourselves. We all have different narratives. The first step to deconstructing that narrative is being aware of the fact it actually exists.
- As a leader, your cultural upbringing has an impact on your inner voice, and being cognizant of that is the cultural lens that you can apply.
Today’s Take-away Action
- Pause for a moment and think about what your inner voice is telling you. What is the message that you keep giving yourself as a leader?