In this episode of the CQ for Global Leaders Podcast, Tom discusses how leaders can enable their people to have a sense of belonging to their organisation.
- Belonging means “being a member of”.
- All human beings want to be connected. As leaders, we should enable our people to have a sense of belonging to our organisation. It’s all about making them feel safe, secure, and certain.
- “People like us do things like this.” – Seth Godin
- Leaders need to have that sense of curiosity. Getting to know an individual beyond what we see is key.
- Human connection fuels a higher level of engagement, output, and innovation. When people feel they are connected and that they belong, they end up doing more.
Today’s Take-away Action
- How do you create a better sense of belonging with your team? What is your sense of belonging and why is that the case?